The application of geosynthetics in civil engineering is becoming more and more recognized nowadays because of its special advantages. Geosynthetics have proven to be among the most versatile and cost-effective ground modification materials. Their usages have expanded rapidly into nearly all areas of civil, geotechnical, environmental, coastal, and hydraulic engineering. As the leading geosynthetics manufacturers, wholesalers and suppliers, The Best Project Material Co., Ltd (BPM) had been dedicated to supplying one stop geosynthetics products and services to worldwide customers since its foundation in 2007. We have over 120 professional staffs and 16,000 square meters manufacturing factory equipped with state of the art production lines. All BPM brand geosynthetic prodcuts had been certificated by the ISO9001, ISO14001, Soncap, SASO and BV certificates and passed the test of SGS and Intertek etc. The application of geosynthetics spreads across the functions of separator, filter, planar drain, reinforcement, protection, and as a liquid or gas barrier. The various types of appliaction of geosynthetics is available along with their specific features.
The advantages of the application of geosynthetics in civil engineering
Geosynthetics, including geotextiles, geomembranes, geonets, geogrids, geocomposites and geosynthetic clay liners, are often used in combination with conventional materials which can offer the following advantages over traditional materials.
- Space Savings. Sheet-like, geosynthetics take up much less space in a landfill than do comparable soil and aggregate layers.
- Material Quality Control. Geosynthetics are relatively homogeneous because they are manufactured under tightly controlled conditions in a factory. They undergo rigorous quality control to minimize material variation.
- Construction Quality Control. Geosynthetics are manufactured and often factory “prefabricated” into large sheets. This minimizes the required number of field connections, or seams. Both factory and field seam are made and tested by trained technicians.
- Cost Savings. Geosynthetic materials are generally less costly to purchase, transport and install than soils and aggregates.
- Technical Superiority. Geosynthetics have been engineered for optimal performance in the desired application.
- Construction Timing. Geosynthetics can be installed quickly, providing the flexibility to construct during short construction seasons, breaks in inclement weather, or without the need to demobilize and remobilize the earthwork contractor.
- Material Availability. Numerous suppliers of most geosynthetics and ease of shipping insure competitive pricing and ready availability of materials.
- Environmental Sensitivity. Geosynthetic systems reduce the use of natural resources and the environmental damage associated quarrying, trucking, and other material handling activities.